If you want beauty and the beast in the same unit, DEWALT DWFP55126 6 Gal 165 PSI Pancake Compressor should be your undoubted choice. The 6 gallon tank unit has a powerful pump which is great for cold weather as it starts up without a flinch. It works well with extension cord, hence can be used higher up in floors on the construction site. The pancake shape makes a stable grounding especially on an uneven surface. As well as the rubber legs prevent any scratch on the surface. This particular air compressor has two couplers in strategic positions, enabling easy use of two tools simultaneously. The one hitch faced by all air compressor owners is the moisture, which is dealt with here via a ball drain valve which helps in draining of tank thoroughly. This unit is pretty easy to lift for its 30lb weight and easy to store as well.
- The motor gives a longer time for running tools and a fast come back with its 165 maximum PSI and 2.6 SCFM offered at 90 PSI.
- It is imperative to make sure that the valve from draining is completely closed and securely sealed before starting up the compressor.
- Storage is made simple by a cord wrap is built for your convenience.
- This product from DEWALT has a smooth, free of maintenance functioning for long, owing to its oil free pump, high flow regulator and a good performance by the air tools.
- The noise level of this unit is close to 75.5 DB which is comparatively quieter than many products of similar features.
- To permit hassle free repair, the controls are protected by a cover which is removable.
- This unit weighs a mere 30 pounds which is significantly low for this kind of products
- For some it can be a relief that the product is US made
- It has a convenient handle
- The unit fill up from empty to full in 2-3 minutes
- It is good for flooring projects and its rubber sole leaves no scratch on new floor
- Any pneumatic tool will work with it
- It uses 110v only
- One has to buy air hose and attachments separately
- The sound emitted is 75.5 DB noise which is quieter compared to other machines of similar capacity
PROS and CONS
- The pancake shape is deceiving. It is hard to guess that a 6- gallon tank can weigh just around 30 pound.
- Since the weight is less, it doesn’t require wheels and can be easily carried around in the job site.
- Even if you don’t want to carry it around to access power slots, it has extended cord that will solve your problem.
- The product drains nicely owing to its draining valve.
- It is priced under $400 and sometimes available at an unbelievable discount if bought through Amazon (you might even get a $200 discount!)
- Although it is mentioned that the pump doesn’t need lubrication, the HP capacity is not mentioned in the specification which can be important for some customers.
Not every day a product receives a whopping 92% positive reviews ( 4 or more stars) from buyers. The low weight, compact shape, high powered engine, relative quietness makes this product from DEWALT a favorite with many contractors. Beautifully designed and solidly built this product is durable and comes with a 90-Day money back guarantee; the year long service contract it makes the offer difficult to refuse. Apart from meeting standard industry requirement, the brand name DEWALT has brought with it a sense of trust and reliance. The only few issues with users have been air leaks and separate accessories purchase. Other than that, most customers are glad to have invested the money as it has brought them the expected output. Although it doesn’t claim to be quiet, most reviewers have deemed it a quiet unit to work with. Going by the reviews it is a product worth buying for your business.