The lighter and lower price range air compressor from Makita is here. Powered by a 2 HP motor, MAC700 has a quicker come back, higher compression and lesser sound owing to its cast iron cylinders. Like its high end counterpart MAC2400, this unit too is built for withstanding rough worksite scenarios and designed to be durable. The pump is lubricated with oil and has more capacity to take in air and is efficient. It runs at a cooler temperature and uses half RPM of other rival products. This gives the MAC700 a noiseless feature and powerful motor. Since this unit draws a relatively low amp, the chances of voltage drop and tripping is minimized. The tank is size is of 2.6 gallon, a good bet in this price range. It comes with oil and 1/4-inch universal quick coupler. Coming in a beautiful color, this 50 odd lb weighing high capacity compressor can be your companion for your smaller projects.
- 2 HP pump is oil lubricated and comes with a automotive style filter for better productivity
- Virtually noiseless owing to its low use of RPM.
- The air tank of 2.6 gallon can withstand a pressure of 130 PSI
- This product offers 40PSI (3.8 CFM) and 90 PSI (3.3 CFM)
- The low amp use can also be generous to your electric bill
- This unit is portable, thanks to the roll bar handle which also gives it extra protection.
- Oil sight glass, tank drain valve, oil drain and finned tubing (for heat dispersal) are some of the added features
- 2 HP motor which is a good bet at this price range
- 6 Gallon tank is a good worth of money
- Cast iron pump along with big bore piston and cylinder for high performance
- Remarkably less noise
- More displacement at lower RPM is expected with a powerful 1,720 RPM pump
- For machines like these, tripping/ voltage fluctuation is common resulting is motor damage. MAC700 uses very low amp thus saving the motor.
- Oil lubrication of pump enables cooler running thereby lowering the depreciation
- 1 year warranty with labor from the manufacturer
- Priced less than $400, MAC700 from Makita also comes with more discounts at Amazon. In this price range having a 2 HP air compressor is a boon. For those who are not interested in investing too much on a second air compressor, the price is definitely one of the pros for them.
- Heat dispersal by the finned tubing causes less burn accidents as the tubes never get super hot
- Use of low amp saves any work interruptions as well as motor damage
- Minimal noise is always preferred by any customer
- Lack of wheels can restrict its movement as these machines are not easy to lift and carry around.
- Oil lubricated pumps involve regular oiling to save from corrosion and can add to your maintenance cost.
- The fragile manufacturing has resulted in many instances of broken item while shipping.
The only successive complaints for this product have been damage while being shipped. Otherwise it has a whopping 89% of Amazon customers who have rated it more than 3 starts regularly. The biggest benefit of this product is its lower cost offered along with regular features like 2 HP motor, 2.6 gallon tank which can be found in higher priced units too. The noiseless feature is most popular with customers. Relatively easy start up process had made customers happy. The finned tube technology has saved many from burn injuries. However, if you want to use more tools, you may need a higher capacity compressor. the damaged arrival of shipment may raise some concern about the quality of the product but the brand like Makita provides a 30 day replacement policy and a year’s warranty making it a top choice for air compressors. According to genuine purchasers this machine is small but sturdy.